I made this recipe a couple of years ago and when I shared it with a friend, she told me that she’s been using a similar recipe for over 30 years with great success.
If you have issues with nightshades and many do, omit the chili flakes. This remedy can keep for as long as two years. The dose is 1/2 tsp. to 1 tsp every hour to assist your body in the healing process. If the taste is too strong, you can dilute in water and drink.
3 T. minced onion
3T. minced garlic
3 T. grated fresh ginger
3 T. grated horseradish
3 T. mustard seeds
3 T. black peppercorns
1 tsp. dried chili flakes
1 C. apple cider vinegar
1/3 C. honey
1. Put all of the dry ingredients in a one pint size jar.
2. Fill the jar with vinegar; there should be at least a 1” gap from the top of the jar.
3. Cover jar with a plastic lid as vinegar corrodes metal.
4. Let mixture sit in your pantry for two weeks, being sure to shake daily.
5. After two weeks strain liquid.
6. Place cheesecloth lined strainer over a bowl.
7. Pour liquid into strainer and squeeze out excess moisture.
8. Add 1/3 cup honey to liquid and stir well.
Pour into clean jar being sure to label and date. Store in a cool dark place.