Quinoa pie can be enjoyed for breakfast or any meal of the day, either as a main or side dish. It is rich in minerals and protein thanks to the quinoa and greens. This recipe can be customized to your taste by altering the greens or other ingredients.
1/2 cup quinoa
2 C. chopped kale
4 C. chopped romaine
2Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 C. chopped onion
1/4 C. chopped green onion
1/2 C. mild goat cheese, grated
1/2 tsp. herb salt
1. Place 1/2 cup of quinoa in a pan with 1 cup water and season with salt, if desired. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
2. Remove quinoa from heat and transfer to a large pan or bowl.
3. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add 1 Tablespoon oil with chopped romaine and kale. Toss till wilted.
4. Transfer greens to a strainer and squeeze out excess moisture. Stir chopped greens into quinoa.
5. Preheat oven to 350. Heat 1 Tbsp. in extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for ten minutes or till golden brown. Add cooked onions, green onions and goat cheese to quinoa.
6. Stir in eggs and season with herb salt.
7. Put a tbsp. of oil in a nine inch pie pan and oil pan evenly. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
Let cool slightly before serving.
On a personal note I was thrilled to have this recipe posted on Dr. Mercola’s site.