Valentine’s Day is coming and for many that means chocolate. I admit that I do have a serious sweet tooth and try to temper it by making desserts that are not overly sweet. This dessert fits the bill. I love the crunch of chocolate and the creamy filling.
While I do recall eating raw cookie dough as a child, I admit it wasn’t the healthiest of choices. This filling however is made with chickpeas, which is loaded with fiber, vitamins and minerals. You will be pleasantly surprised by this creamy filling.
•2 cups cooked chickpeas OR one 15.5 oz can organic, cooked chickpeas, rinsed
•4 tablespoons organic maple syrup
•⅛ teaspoon baking soda
•¼ cup cashew butter
•2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
•¾ cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
3/4 c. Cacao powder
1/2 c. Maple syrup
4 ounces of cacao butter
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine chickpeas, maple syrup, baking soda, cashew butter, and vanilla extract. Process until smooth. Pour mixture into a medium bowl.
3. Add chocolate chips to the bowl and fold them in until completely combined. Refrigerate till firm enough to scoop.
4. Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Place the pan into the freezer for 1-2 hours.
6. A few minutes before you remove them from the freezer, melt the cacao butter over low heat, stir in cacao powder and maple syrup. Stir till smooth. Dunk the cookie dough bites into the melted chocolate and place back on the baking sheet. Freeze again for 20 minutes and dip in chocolate a second time.
7. If you have any remaining melted chocolate, feel free to drizzle it over the cookie dough bites. Chill for 15 minutes and serve.
8. Store up to one week in fridge, or keep in freezer so you don’t eat them all in one sitting….