This amazing dessert is a revision of a dessert created by Hana at Nirvana Cakery. This is a fabulous guilt free dessert. While I love her original recipe I made quite a few changes, due to my own taste preferences and the desire to reduce the sugar.
1/4 C. Walnuts
3/4 C. Almonds
2 T. Cacao powder
3/4 C. Medjool dates, pitted
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1 C. Kale, tightly packed
1 C. Cashews (soaked for 4 hours)
1/4 C. Lakanto sweetener
1/2 C. Filtered water
1/4 C. Coconut butter
1/4 C. Coconut oil
4 tsp. Lemon juice
1. Place almonds and walnuts in food processor and blend until coarsely ground. Add cacao, pitted medjool dates and vanilla. Process till mixture sticks together when pressed between your fingers. Place the mixture in a 7″ springform pan Press down evenly on the mixture. Place into the fridge.
2. In a double boiler gently melt coconut butter and coconut oil, set aside.
3. Rinse the soaked cashews under running water, drain and place into blender. Add kale, lakanto, lemon juice, and water blend until smooth. Add coconut butter and blend until incorporated.
4. Pour onto the crust layer and spread evenly.
5. Place into the freezer overnight or until set.
6. Once set carefully remove from the tin.
7. Place onto a plate and decorate with some fresh fruit and raw energy bites (you can reserve some of the crust mixture for this).
8. Store in a fridge or freezer. This cake will remain solid in the fridge.