Easily adapted to use whatever vegetables are in season, this cabbage frittata is a great dish for any meal of the day.
2 C. shredded green cabbage
1 c. shredded carrots
1/4 c. green onion
1/4 c. chopped onion
1 clove minced garlic
2/3 c. rice flour
1/4 tsp. Herbamare
1/2 tsp. herb salt
1. Add shredded cabbage, carrots, green onion, chopped onion and minced garlic to a large bowl. Stir well.
2. Add rice flour and seasonings to vegetables, stir till well coated.
3. Whisk 2 eggs in a small bowl and then add to vegetables, stir till everything is mixed well.
4. Heat a 12 inch skillet on stove top at medium heat. Be sure to coat the pan with a Tablespoon of vegetable shortening or a high heat oil to prevent sticking.
5. Add frittata ingredients to skillet and press down firmly and evenly in pan.
6. Cover and cook for ten minutes. Divide frittata into fourths and turn to cook other side.
7. Cook for an additional five minutes till golden brown.