If you miss cookies, this recipe is for you. These have become my new favorite cookie, as I enjoy eating them plain, with the cashew filling and even dipped in chocolate! You can also easily adapt this recipe by adding mint flavoring to the cookies, the filling or both for a delicious mint cookie version.
1-1/4 C. Buckwheat flour
1/2 C. Tapioca flour
1/2 C. Cacao powder
1 C. Lakanto sweetener
1/2 C. Organic butter
Cashew cream ingredients:
1-1/2 C. cashews (soaked for two hours and drained)
4 T. Honey
6 T. Coconut oil
1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Place cashews in bowl with enough water to cover and let soak a minimum of two hours.
- Make cream filling: Place all the ingredients in a vitamix or high speed blender and blend on highest speed till smooth and creamy. If needed you can add 1/4 cup -1/2 cup of water to help thin out the filling. Place in refrigerator to firm up while you make cookies.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and start on cookies.
- In food processor blend butter and sugar till creamy. Add in eggs and vanilla.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and mix till dough forms a ball.
- Spread some buckwheat floor on counter and roll out dough till approximately 1/8-1/16″ thick.
- Use a 2 ” cookie cutter to cut dough into circles. Use a thin spatula and transfer cookies onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies at 325 degrees for about ten minutes.
- Place cookies on cookie rack and allow to cool before adding filling.
- You can add filling to a piping bag and pipe onto bottom cookie or simply spread it on with a spoon or knife and top with second cookie.
- Place cookies into fridge or freezer to set and enjoy!
- If you want you can dip the cookies in chocolate.
Here are some of the ingredients and supplies I used in this recipe: