This is a modified recipe from my friend Megan Kelly. She has an incredible blog and is a Licensed Esthetician specializing in holistic nutrition, woman’s hormones, and spiritual health.
Chocolate Avocado Truffle Ingredients
¾ cup unsweetened dark chocolate
½ tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of cinnamon
1-2 tsp of cacao powder to coat
10-15 drops of stevia
Yield: Makes 10-12 truffles
Chocolate Avocado Truffle Instructions
- Melt dark chocolate slowly
- In a different bowl, mash avocado. When the chocolate is melted, combine it with the mashed avocado and stir them together.Â Then add in the vanilla, cinnamon and stevia.
- When this is combined and free of clumps, place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. When cooled and hardened, scoop it into 10-12 balls and roll them until they are smooth.
- Roll each ball in cocoa powder and serve.
- Place any leftover truffles in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Dr. Jockers Comments
This is a fantastic dessert recipe that is low-carb, ketogenic and fat burning. The combination of avocado and dark chocolate provides healthy fats, fiber and anti-oxidants to help the body produce good hormones that optimize your metabolism.
Stevia is our favorite natural sweetener because it is one hundred times sweeter than sugar and has no effect on blood sugar. Adding in the cinnamon gives a unique cinnamon flavor and adds in more anti-oxidants that support blood sugar signaling patterns.
This recipe is very easy to make and your family will absolutely LOVE it and be requesting this often! Perfect for birthdays, special events and gatherings!
Due to the avocado this will only keep one day in the fridge, but they can be frozen to enjoy later.
About the author:
Dr. David Jockers is a Maximized Living doctor, functional nutritionist, corrective care chiropractor, exercise physiologist, and certified strength and conditioning specialist. His mission is to inspire and empower as many people as possible to reach their full health potential.
He currently owns and operates Exodus Health Center in Kennesaw, Georgia. He is also the author of the best-selling book â€œSuperCharge Your Brainâ€ the complete guide to radically improve your mood, memory and mindset.
This article is shared with permission from our friends at Dr. Jockers .