Love these delicious crunchy nutrient rich crackers. This recipe will fill one Excalibur dehydrator tray.
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup black sesame
1/3 cup sunflower seeds, soaked
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds, soaked
1/3 cup flax seeds
1/3 cup chia seeds
1 tsp. Italian herbs
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups water
1. Soak the seeds drain and rinse.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, flax, pumpkin and chia seeds, herbs and salt. Stir together, making sure the seasoning is well incorporated.
3. Add the water, mix well.
4. Set aside for 30 minutes. This will give the flax and chia seeds time to gel and thicken.
5. Spread the batter 1/4″ thick on the non-stick sheets that come with the dehydrator.
6. Score the crackers to the size and shape that you want.
7. Dehydrate at 115 degrees . After about 2 hours, flip the crackers over onto the mesh sheet and gently peel the non-stick sheet off. Continue to dehydrate for 8-10 hours or until dry.
Tip to flipping crackers
Set the dehydrator tray in front of you. Place a mesh sheet on top of the crackers, followed by another dehydrator frame. The crackers are now sandwiched between two trays. Pinch the edges together and flip over. Remove the tray and non-stick sheet.
Love these crackers with my herb & garlic cheese
To learn the health benefits of seeds click here