I woke up with a bit of a sore throat today, so I decided to make some elderberry & herb juice to sip on throughout the day. Since I knew I wouldn’t be able to finish all of it, I left some in its juice form and used the remainder for a great immune system boosting gummie recipe.
Give it a try…you’ll love it!
1/2 c. Dried elderberries
1/3 c. Dried rose hips
2 T. Dried licorice root
1/2 tsp. Ground tri color pepper
3 c. Organic Apple juice
Place all ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring ingredients to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
Remove from heat. Let cool. Strain through cheesecloth or a mesh sieve to extract the juice.
Make a Syrup
Measure out 2 C. of juice.
Add 1/4 C. -1/2 C. honey, or to taste.
Kids 1-3 tsp. a day.
Adults 1-3 Tbsp. a day
2 C. Elderberry Juice
3 Tbsp. gelatin
1. After making juice, measure out 2 cups.
2. Remove 1/2 C. of juice and pour into a bowl, place in refrigerator and let cool.
3. When juice is cold, remove to counter and sprinkle gelatin on the juice and let sit for 1 minute.
4. Simmer remaining 1-1/2 C. juice on stovetop. Pour the hot juice over the cool juice and gelatin. Stir briskly with a whisk for 1-2 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
5. If desired add honey. I find this is sweet enough on its own.
6. Pour into silicon molds and place in fridge till they set.
7.Remove from molds and store in airtight container in fridge.
Some of the supplies and ingredients used in this recipe include: