Pasta and veggies is a great comfort dish, especially on the cooler days of fall or a cold winter day. This dish is easily altered with whatever vegetables are in season. If you are a meat eater, you could also chop and sauté 1-2 sausages to add an entirely different taste profile to this dish.
1/2 bunch broccoli. sliced
1/4 head of cauliflower, sliced
2 zucchini, sliced
1 carrot, peeled into long strips
1/2 lbs mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
1-2 shallots, sliced
1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
1/2 cups Pecorino Romano, grated
1 lb pasta (I like Tinkyada Rice Pasta for Gluten Free, or Quinoa for gluten free recipes)
2 cloves garlic, sliced
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1. Cook the pasta according to the package instruction.
2. Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat and add the shallots, garlic and mushrooms. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
3. Steam, broccoli, cauliflower, and zucchini till almost tender and add peeled carrots for the last minute.
4. Drain pasta and place in large bowl. Add steamed vegetables and sautéed garlic, shallots and mushrooms.
5. Toss with desired amount of olive oil.
6. Toss in the parsley and season with salt and pepper, or herbs of your choice.
7. Add grated Pecorino Romano to finish.