This gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and nut-free recipe for allergy-friendly no bake chocolate coconut snowballs is delicious and easy! This snack is also a great option for people with diabetes or sugar issues as it uses Lakanto sugar.
Lakanto is made from Non-GMO erythritol and the super sweet extract of the luo han guo fruit, also known as monkfruit. Unlike sugar and the other sweeteners, Lakanto does not feed the harmful yeast (candida) and bacteria in your body. Lakanto is also safe for diabetics.
Lakanto all-natural sweetener, has:
Zero glycemic index
No influence on your blood sugar and insulin release
A one-to-one ratio with sugar — so it’s easy to measure and use
There are two varieties of Lakanto available Golden and Classic. Golden Lakanto has a flavor similar to brown sugar or molasses. Classic Lakanto has a flavor similar to table sugar. Lakanto is available online and in health food stores.
Hope you enjoy this recipe!
3 T. Cacao
3 T. Lakanto
1-1/2 C Coconut oil
1-1/2 C. Coconut, dried, fine, unsweetened
Pinch of salt
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 C. of Hempseed in bowl (this is to roll snowballs in)
1. Mix cocoa and lakanto sugar together in a bowl and set aside.
2. Add coconut oil to cocoa and lakanto, mix till well blended.
3. Stir in shredded coconut, salt and vanilla.
4. Place in refrigerator till slightly firm and easy to scoop.
5. Scoop mixture and place each ball in bowl of hemp seeds. Roll in hemp seeds till covered.
6. Place snowballs on cookie sheet. Place cookie sheet in refrigerator till snowballs harden.
7. Place in covered container in refrigerator and enjoy!