Health food stores sell these wraps in 2 packs for $2.98-$3.98, and I’ve even seen them on Amazon, a 24 pack costs $57.20.
That is way too pricey for me, so I decided to make my own. You can use this recipe and change the seasoning to make any variety you like, consider Italian, Mexican, Curry, Masala or Sweet & Spicy.
Additional Items Needed:
This recipe made 24 rolls
1 C. organic, plain almonds, (processed to flour consistency in a Vitamix)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. Himalayan salt
3 skinny carrots, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/4 onion, chopped
2 Tbsps. extra virgin organic olive oil
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1. Place almonds in food processor or high speed blender till powdered. Place in bowl and set aside.
2. Chop garlic, celery, carrots and onion into small pieces, then place in food processor. Pulse into smaller pieces.
3. Add almond flour, salt, oil and lemon juice to vegetables. Process till smooth.
4. Put mixture into pastry bag. ( I did not add a tip to the pastry bag, I just used the coupler, which holds the tips in place)
7. Dip your finger in bowl of water and run it along the top of the nori sheet from left to right.
10. Dehydrate at 145 for 1 hour.
11. Turn down temperature to 115 and dehydrate for 19-22 hours, till crunchy on outside.