Body Butter – Makes 2 1/2 to 3 cups whipped butter.
1 cup organic raw shea butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup almond oil
1. Melt shea butter and coconut oil in the top of a double boiler. Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
2. Stir in almond oil.
3. Place oil mixture in freezer for about 20 minutes.
4. Wait until oils start to partially solidify then whip until a butter-like consistency is achieved.
5. Place in clean, glass jar and enjoy! A little goes a long way.
1. You can use whatever oils you wish, just make sure you keep the ratio 75% solid to 25% liquid.
2. The chilling step is crucial. If you don’t chill it properly, it won’t whip or stay whipped. Make sure you scrape down the sides before mixing.
3. Since this recipe does not contain any water, it will not mold. You should keep in a cool place but it does not have to be refrigerated.
4. I do not know the exact shelf life but I know it will keep at least a few months, plus.
5. The body butter melts as you apply it. A little goes a long way. Although it gets a little oily with application, it absorbs beautifully, quickly and leaves your skin very soft.