This recipe is designed as a one pan meal, so it requires a little more work than a conventional spaghetti dish, but it’s worth the wait.
1 ¼ C. organic rice pasta
1 ½ C water
1/2 C. Pecorino Romano
1/4 C. Ghee
2 T. dried organic parsley
1/8 tsp. organic minced dried garlic
1/4 C. chopped organic almonds
1. Break pasta into small pieces.
2. Place pasta in a bowl with water and rinse 3-4 times, until water is clear. Note: You are rinsing pasta to remove any excess starch (many times pasta is coated with flour to prevent the pasta from sticking together, while it is being dried) if you don’t rinse pasta, the starch makes this dish taste awful.
3. Place pasta in a saucepan with water, parsley, garlic and almonds.
4. Cook over medium to high heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
5. Reduce heat and let pasta simmer, until liquid has thickened and pasta is tender. If needed add additional water.
6. When pasta is tender add Ghee, stir in until melted.
7. Add Pecorino Romano and stir till well mixed.
8. Remove from heat and serve.