Love these raw, high fiber crackers. They are great with your favorite cheese, nut spread or dip.
4 organic carrots
2 small organic shallots
4 C. organic walnuts, soaked and drained
2 C. sprouted organic pumpkin seeds
1. Soak walnuts in bowl for two hours. Rinse and drain walnuts two times, set aside.
2. Chop carrots into small 1 inch pieces and place in food processor. Process till very fine. Add shallots and pulse till shallots are chopped and blended with carrots.
3. Place drained walnuts in food processor and process till they are small uniform pieces.
4. Add pumpkin seeds to food processor, pulse till everything is well blended.
5. Divide dough between two teflex lined, dehydrator mesh trays. Spread dough evenly on trays, using a little water if needed.
6. Dehydrate for one hour at 115 degrees. Then lower temperature to 105 and dehydrate for another 5 hours.
7. Remove trays from dehydrator. Flip crackers onto another mesh sheet and peel off teflex. Score into desired cracker size, put into dehydrator and dehydrate another 6 hours or until your desired level of crunchiness is achieved.
Enjoy plain or with herb cheese.
I love this pastry cutter, it is what I use to score my crackers into uniform sizes. This six-wheel pastry cutter is made of stainless steel. It’s an excellent tool for making bread sticks, pie strips or scoring crackers.